Images in Marketing
With more than 2.5 billion camera phones in use, we are entering a new dynamic era around image creation and content.
10% of photos taken by humankind took place in the last 12 months.
Photos are becoming the “universal language”. The fastest growing social media networks are not surprisingly Facebook, Tumblr and Instagram. Pinterest is one of the first platforms that allows you to interact with static images.
These social networks are the names on everyone’s lips as they have embraced the visual medium and have made it easy to upload and share images and photos online.
So how and why should you use images in your business communications, marketing and social networks?
6 Reasons Why Images are Important
- Articles with images get 94% more total views
- Including a Photo and a video in a press release increases views by over 45%
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business when an image shows up in local search results
- In an eCommerce site, 67% of consumers say the quality of a product image is “very important” in selecting and purchasing a product
- In an online store, customers think that the quality of a products image is more important than product-specific information (63%), a long description (54%) and ratings and reviews (53%)
- Engagement rate on Facebook for photos averages 0.37% where text only is 0.27% (this translates to a 37% higher level of engagement for photos over text)
Photograph your product!
Aim to create ORIGINAL ’native’ images, incorporate your product and services in an image, as well as YOU. If you are a chef take images of the ingredients, cooking process and final product. If you are a designer take runway pictures, behind the scenes pitcures of fashion shoots, design concepts or of people wearing your clothes.